Our course of study will enable the student to acquire a solid foundation in drumset musicianship.
The general areas covered include:
- Rudimental Skills
- Hand-to-Hand technique
- Drumset coordination
- Repertoire and Style
- Grip and stick control issues
- Rudimentary technique: The Single and Double Stroke Rolls, Paradiddles, Drags, and Flams
- Music reading skills: Chart Reading, Interpretation of time signatures and dynamic markings, Snare Drum Etudes, Standard and Drumset Notation
- Drumset Coordination: Two, Three and Four way coordination and independence
- Repertoire and style
- History of the Drumset
Recognition of the various styles of Drumset performance including:
- Classical/orchestral, Blues, Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Pop-Rock, Funk, Brazilian, Latin American, and Afro-Cuban genres.
- High School. College and Drum Corps Audition Preparation
- Competition Preparation